During the month of July, the FDA revealed 18 recalls. This is the same as in June and less than in May, when there were 32 returns.
Food & Beverage
Mislabeling for an undisclosed allergy was the reason for 13 of the 18 recalls. Items included in the recall were:
- Mark of a Member Fried Cheese Sticks, Containing Unreported Eggs and Soy
- Ono Recipe for Vegan Overnight Oats with Protein and Blueberries – Hidden Milk
- Unreported soy and wheat in Tim Heung Yuen Black Melon seed
- Peppery Hummus with Cava Unlabeled 8-ounce container with sesame
- Defeat the competition: unreported milk in strawberry fruit bars with no added sugar
- Heinen’s Fresh Ground Cashew Butter, 365 by Whole Foods Market, Undeclared Peanut and Almond Undisclosed milk and egg in organic Asian-inspired chopped salad kit, 12 oz.
- Energy Balls with Cacao, Coffee, and Pumpkin Seeds from Betty Lou’s Paleo Kitchen. – Hidden sesame
- Ziyad Jameed Soup Base—Milk Not Reported
- Blintzes made with unreported milk from Spring Valley potatoes
- Unidentified walnuts in Fry Daddy’s Party Mix
- peanuts not stated in belVita breakfast sandwich products
- Undisclosed wheat in Van’s Gluten-Free Original Waffles
The probable presence of Listeria led to the recall of two further products:
- Possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination in Cooperstown Cheese Company cheese products. The recalled cheese has sold/distribution dates between 6/21/23 and 7/10/23 and weighed a total of 1,400 lb. Distribution channels in New York State included farmer’s markets, dining establishments, and retail outlets.
- Listeria monocytogenes may be present in Fromager Ottavi Tome De Brebis Sheep Milk Cheese. Two 3.5-kilogram packages with a best-before date of 8/5/23 make up lot #VC349.
- After the software updates, there have been more reports of fake upstream occlusion alarms on SIGMA Spectrum and Spectrum IQ infusion pumps.
- The Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc. Oral birth control pill Tydemy – Results that are out of range at the 12-month stability time point
- Albuterol Sulfate Inhalation by Cipla Aerosol, 90 mcg (200 Metered Inhalation) – Not giving the right amount