The firm said that starting this week, certain Central Florida Supercenters will feature health centers. Primary care, laboratory, X-ray, electrocardiogram, behavioral health, selected specialty services, and community health are all on the menu.
These Walmart Health Centers are open seven days a week, including evenings and weekends, to better serve their patients. On Sundays, telehealth services will also be available.
On April 11, 2023, Walmart will officially open its Health Center in St. Petersburg, Florida. (As provided by Walmart)
Orlando will be home to two of the new facilities, while Kissimmee will host the other. Opening dates for the Orlando areas are set for June 20 and 21, with the Kissimmee area following on June 22.
Locations of future Walmart Health Centers
The locations and expected release dates for the new Walmart Health Centers are as follows:
- Tuesday, June 20, 2023, at 8109 S. John Young Pkwy, Orlando, Florida
- Wednesday, June 21, 2023 in Orlando, Florida, at 11242 E. Colonial Dr.
- Thursday, June 22, 2023, at 1471-B E. Osceola Pkwy, Kissimmee
Already serving the Central Florida area are five other Walmart Health Centers:
3647 South Orlando Avenue, Sanford Dr. Ocoee’s office is located at 10490 W. Colonial Dr. in Winter Garden, while the Orlando office is at 5997 S. Goldenrod Rd.
At 904 B Cypress Pkwy. in Kissimmee.
The St. Petersburg, Florida Walmart Health Center will officially open to the public on April 10, 2023. (As provided by Walmart)
In what ways can Walmart Health Plans include According to the Walmart Health website, the following procedures are covered:
- Exam once a year
- Medicare preventive checkup
- Checkup for play, study, or camp
- Wellness checkup
- Discomfort in the back
- Prescription Renewal
- Management of Chronic Illness
- Employment Medical Exam
- Tests for Tuberculosis
- Allergic reactions
- Reduce the birthrate
- Fevers or colds
- Stomachache with a rash
- Fever Injury
- Immunizations and seasonal flu vaccinations
- A1C, cholesterol, pregnancy, strep throat, influenza, and drug testing, as well as other X-ray lab services.
- Checkups for new adult patients
- Teenage New Patient Checkups
- Maintenance by the grownups
- The Young Clean Up
- Exam every six months
- Review questions
- Extraction of Root Canals
- Care for and treatment of the Gums
- Caps and restorations
- Office-based tooth bleaching
- Full-Body X-Rays
- The Use of Fluoride
- Health psychology
Patients must be 18 or older to get assistance in the field of behavioral health.
- Personal Therapy
- Therapy for Families
- Support groups
- Anxiety Depression
- Use of Alcohol
- Pressure to Reduce Weight
- ADHD Relationships
The Walmart Health website states that they participate with most major insurance providers. While they aren’t strictly necessary, appointments help reduce wait times. Walk-ins are not always accommodated.